Information for Students
Students interested in participating in the Sustainable Business Lab (S-Lab) should be aware of the following information.
- Students must bid for 15.915 Sustainable Business Lab through the MIT Sloan bidding system. If admitted, they will automatically be enrolled in 15.913 Strategies for Sustainable Business, which meets concurrently with 15.915. See http://sloanbid.mit.edu/ for details.
- Term: Spring H1 and H2
- First half of term (H1): Class 15.913 explores the challenges of sustainability and the responses of leading businesses
- Second half of term (H2): Projects with S-Lab host companies
- Format: Simulations, cases, lectures, and projects
- S-Lab has no official commitments during SIP and Spring Break, so the course is compatible with study tours and other activities during this period.
- Six-week team project on the sustainability challenges of the host company
- Approximately four students per team, including MBAs, MIT Sloan Fellows, and other graduate students from MIT
- Hosts and teams negotiate project scope, schedule, and deliverables
- Teams work remotely with companies
- Faculty mentors coach the teams
- Written analysis for host
- Presentation to class and host
- Poster presentation to MIT Sloan community at the end of May