Plugging into the MIT research powerhouse.
As a member of the MIT community, you have privileged access to late-breaking research across the MIT frontier. You have at your disposal all the resources of the Institute, giving you the ability to customize your learning experience to fulfill your own professional interests.
MIT’s research programs, centers, and initiatives generate leading-edge knowledge that won’t reach classrooms beyond the Institute for years to come. Working closely with faculty across the MIT campus, you plug into these resources and serve as a conduit between your company and research centers of strategic interest.
Explore MIT Sloan's signature research centers:
- The Martin Trust Center for MIT Entrepreneurship The Martin Trust Center for MIT Entrepreneurship trains and develops leaders to create successful new enterprises and bring breakthrough innovations to market.
- The MIT Center for Digital Business Created in partnership with industry, the MIT Center for Digital Business provides leadership for faculty, students, and organizations interested in Internet-enabled business.
- Center for Information Systems Research (CISR) With a strong track record of practice-based research on the management of information technology, CISRÕs mission is to perform practical empirical research on how firms generate business value from IT.
- Institute for Work and Employment Research (IWER) IWER examines how to update global institutions and policies to better meet the needs of today's labor force, employer community, and economy.
- MIT Center for Collective Intelligence The MIT Center for Collective Intelligence researches how people and computers can be connected so that—collectively—they can act more intelligently than any individuals, groups, or computers have ever done before.
- System Dynamics Group Founded in the 1950s by Jay W. Forrester, the System Dynamics Group develops computer models of complex organizations, markets, and other systems, from product development to competitive strategy to global sustainability.
You can also reach beyond the bounds of MIT Sloan to dozens of other MIT research centers, such as:
- MIT Center for International Studies
- Computational and Systems Biology at MIT
- MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory
- Deshpande Center for Technological Innovation
- Operations Research Center
- The MIT Joint Program on the Science and Policy of Global Change
- Materials Processing Center
- Institute for Soldier Nanotechnologies
- Industrial Performance Center
- MIT Media Lab
- W3C–The World Wide Web Consortium
- Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research
- Find out more about MIT's world-renowned research labs and centers
It all goes back to the entrepreneurial spirit. At MIT, we do whatever it takes to get things done. This is very much a startup environment. There’s a cooperative spirit. An optimism. At MIT, students and faculty share a communal spirit based on an abiding confidence in their abilities and a moral conviction that what they’re doing is right.Andrew W. Lo
Charles E. and Susan T. Harris Professor