Welcome to one of the world’s great brain trusts.
From case studies to research centers, as a Sloan Fellow you have access to a vast depth of resources at MIT Sloan and across the wider MIT community. The list below is separated into two categories: learning and research resources like speaker series and video archives and logistical support systems like libraries and computer help. Keep in mind that these links represent just a sampling of the resources available to you across the MIT campus. Keep your ears, eyes, and mind open and explore.
Learning Opportunities & Research Resources
- Dean’s Innovative Leader Series Opportunities for frank discussion with the leaders who are shaping the world.
- Finance & Economics Articles and lectures analyzing financial markets, recovery strategies, and other essential economic issues.
- Global MIT Sloan A network designed to give you the knowledge to conduct business and forge collaborations in every corner of the global marketplace.
- Independent Activities Period (IAP) Hundreds of activities for entertainment, recreation, and learning are offered every year during the month of January—and are open to the entire MIT community.
- MIT OpenCourseWare (OCW) A free online educational resource for faculty, students, and self-learners around the world.
- MIT Sloan Research Centers A dynamic network of interdisciplinary research groups such as the MIT Center for Digital Business and the MIT Entrepreneurship Center.
- MIT Sloan Teaching Innovation Resources (MSTIR) Free teaching resources like case studies, simulations, deep dives, and industry, business, and country overviews.
- MIT WorldTM On-demand video of significant public events at MIT featuring many of the most influential leaders and innovators of our day.
- Sustainability Resources to help you understand sustainability issues and make choices that are both socially and fiscally responsible.
Logistical Resources & Support Systems
- Harvard/MIT Cooperative Society (The Coop) MIT’s official college bookstore—textbooks, bestsellers, insignia items, and much more.
- Information Services & Technology (IST) Everything you need to get connected and computing at MIT.
- MIT Libraries A wide range of print and electronic materials at five libraries: Architecture and Planning, Engineering, Humanities, Science, and Management and Social Science.
- The MIT Press Bookstore Most of the books and journals published by The MIT Press as well as a selection of intriguing titles about science, technology, society, and more.
- The Writing & Communication Center Free consultation for students preparing written materials of any kind.
I earned the intellectual confidence to help me locate my bearings in new situations, to view any challenge as an opportunity for renewal and growth, and to be comfortable in seeking the help of colleagues, but not fearing to do things my way.Kofi Annan, SF ’72