Management innovation without boundaries
MIT Sloan’s international activities reflect the school’s dual emphasis on learning by doing and innovation through collaboration. Activities range from formal partner programs with academic and research institutions in key regions around the world to conferences, project labs, and other ventures that facilitate cross-cultural exposure and idea sharing.
A two-way learning approach
MIT Sloan’s global network encompasses universities, corporations, private foundations, NGOs, alumni, and friends. Interactions with and among these groups are inherently collaborative and based on a two-way, mutually beneficial approach to learning:
- Members of the MIT Sloan community gain exposure to major emerging economies and opportunities to work with culturally diverse individuals and organizations.
- International collaborators gain access to the MIT Sloan ecosystem and uncommon insight into U.S. companies and management practices.
Connecting across MIT
MIT Sloan works to identify and promote global engagement opportunities that involve other schools and centers within MIT. Cross-Institute collaborations include:
- MIT International Science and Technology Initiatives (MISTI)
- Industrial Liaison Program (ILP)
- China Leaders for Global Operations (CLGO)
“The faculty-host is amazing: I get all the guidance and they introduce me to experts in the field”