“Getting an education from MIT is like taking a drink from a fire hose.”
Management innovation without boundaries
MIT Sloan’s international activities reflect the school’s dual emphasis on learning by doing and innovation through collaboration. Activities range from formal partner programs with academic and research institutions in key regions around the world to conferences, project labs, and other ventures that facilitate cross-cultural exposure and idea sharing.
A two-way learning approach
MIT Sloan’s global network encompasses universities, corporations, private foundations, NGOs, alumni, and friends. Interactions with and among these groups are inherently collaborative and based on a two-way, mutually beneficial approach to learning:
- Members of the MIT Sloan community gain exposure to major emerging economies and opportunities to work with culturally diverse individuals and organizations.
- International collaborators gain access to the MIT Sloan ecosystem and uncommon insight into U.S. companies and management practices.
Connecting across MIT
MIT Sloan works to identify and promote global engagement opportunities that involve other schools and centers within MIT. Cross-Institute collaborations include:
- MIT International Science and Technology Initiatives (MISTI)
- Industrial Liaison Program (ILP)
- China Leaders for Global Operations (CLGO)
"Three things impress me the most here at MIT: energy, diversity, and creativity. As an IFF, I am so fortunate to be here and to learn from the "masters" of graduate education. Everyone here is so generous that they share with us their experiences and expertise. It is truly an eye-opening and mind-blowing adventure which I will remember forever."