“One of my favorite things about teaching at MIT Sloan is the diversity and high quality of students. They are eager to learn new things, they think independently, and they're willing to tackle difficult issues.”
The International MBA (IMBA) program at Lingnan (University) College at Sun Yat-sen University in Guangzhou was jointly established with MIT Sloan as a two-way learning platform: Lingnan wanted to develop a world-class management education program that would shape its students into business leaders with global vision; MIT Sloan sought to increase its understanding of China and Chinese-based economies. Nearly 15 years later, both schools have achieved their initial partnership goals and continue to enrich and expand their respective learning communities through a range of collaborative activities. These include:
- MIT Sloan faculty visits to Lingnan – MIT Sloan faculty members visit Lingnan’s campus in Guangzhou to give lectures and teach short-term courses.
- International Faculty Fellows – Lingnan faculty members visit MIT Sloan for a semester focused on teaching and research development under the guidance of an MIT Sloan faculty host.
- China Lab – Several four-person teams of Lingnan and MIT Sloan students participate annually in China Lab, which involves a three-month internship and consulting project for a Chinese entrepreneurial company.
- Lingnan administrative development – MIT Sloan senior administrators responsible for admissions and marketing activities, student services, and career development functions share their practices and experience with their Lingnan counterparts.
- MSMS program – During the first semester, Lingnan students have the opportunity to apply to MIT Sloan’s MSMS program. Through this two-year, dual-degree program, students can earn an international MBA from Lingnan and a master’s degree in management studies from MIT Sloan.
The Lingnan IMBA program is accredited by AMBA and taught entirely in English. Graduates earn an International MBA degree from Lingnan, a certificate from MIT Sloan, and affiliate alumni status in the worldwide MIT Sloan alumni network.
For more information and to apply, visit Lingnan University’s IMBA program website >
"At home I play a different role. I am the instructor. Here I am a student. I sit in the professors’ classrooms. Sloan has very participant-centered learning. Students learn from each other. We play different roles, keep relationships with each other. I know what the students really care about. It has been an interesting experience."