“We’ve always made a big effort to be interdisciplinary and to be open to a variety of perspectives, but also to go beyond being open to them, to want to bring them in, because it makes for a richer environment.”
The International MBA (IMBA) program at Lingnan (University) College at Sun Yat-sen University in Guangzhou was jointly established with MIT Sloan as a two-way learning platform: Lingnan wanted to develop a world-class management education program that would shape its students into business leaders with global vision; MIT Sloan sought to increase its understanding of China and Chinese-based economies. Nearly 15 years later, both schools have achieved their initial partnership goals and continue to enrich and expand their respective learning communities through a range of collaborative activities. These include:
- MIT Sloan faculty visits to Lingnan – MIT Sloan faculty members visit Lingnan’s campus in Guangzhou to give lectures and teach short-term courses.
- International Faculty Fellows – Lingnan faculty members visit MIT Sloan for a semester focused on teaching and research development under the guidance of an MIT Sloan faculty host.
- China Lab – Several four-person teams of Lingnan and MIT Sloan students participate annually in China Lab, which involves a three-month internship and consulting project for a Chinese entrepreneurial company.
- Lingnan administrative development – MIT Sloan senior administrators responsible for admissions and marketing activities, student services, and career development functions share their practices and experience with their Lingnan counterparts.
- MSMS program – During the first semester, Lingnan students have the opportunity to apply to MIT Sloan’s MSMS program. Through this two-year, dual-degree program, students can earn an international MBA from Lingnan and a master’s degree in management studies from MIT Sloan.
The Lingnan IMBA program is accredited by AMBA and taught entirely in English. Graduates earn an International MBA degree from Lingnan, a certificate from MIT Sloan, and affiliate alumni status in the worldwide MIT Sloan alumni network.
For more information and to apply, visit Lingnan University’s IMBA program website >
"I have followed some courses here to see how the faculty teach. I am looking for fresh stuff. We are a young school. We are still shaping our future. It’s useful to know how MIT Sloan does things and why. MIT is unique.”