“At MIT Sloan, you will find faculty engaging in many different kinds of research and multiple forms of pedagogy that, taken together, reflect the value of a wide range of perspectives, skills, and expertise in organizations.”
The Lisbon MBA program unites two of Portugal’s top business schools—Católica-Lisbon School of Business and Economics, and Nova School of Business and Economics—with MIT Sloan for a one-year, one-of-a-kind MBA program. Lisbon MBA students benefit from the collective wisdom of all three schools and an integrated curriculum that emphasizes both management fundamentals and interpersonal skills. Students develop their ability to think creatively about complex situations, respond swiftly and strategically to business challenges, successfully lead teams, and drive positive change in the global economy.
Upon completion of the program, students receive a joint MBA degree from Católica-Lisbon and Nova, and a certificate from MIT Sloan. They also receive lifelong membership as affiliate alumni in MIT Sloan’s worldwide alumni network.
Key areas of collaboration among the three partner schools include:
- Friday Forum Series on the Lisbon campus – MIT Sloan faculty participate regularly in Friday Forums, weekly workshops led by management thought leaders that are held on the Lisbon campus. These workshops provide Lisbon MBA students with intense, hands-on training in areas such as leadership, creativity, and resilience.
- Summer Immersion at MIT Sloan – Lisbon MBA students visit MIT Sloan in June for an immersive, four-week learning experience focused on global markets and strategy, managing technological innovation and entrepreneurship, organizational behavior, global compliance and ethical issues, and leadership.
- International Faculty Fellows – Lisbon MBA faculty members (often accompanied by their families) visit MIT Sloan for a semester of teaching and research development under the guidance of an MIT Sloan faculty host.
- MSMS program – During the first semester, Lisbon MBA students have the opportunity to apply to MIT Sloan’s MSMS program. Through this two-year, dual-degree program, students can earn an MBA from Católica-Lisbon and Nova, and a master’s degree in management studies from MIT Sloan.
- Administrative development – MIT Sloan senior administrators responsible for admissions and marketing activities, student services, and career development functions share their practices and experience with their Lisbon MBA counterparts.
For more information and to apply, visit the Lisbon MBA website >
“Chinese culture has many rules and behavior. The culture here is more relaxed. Students have more freedom. Freedom encourages more creation. Professors put out questions with no answers, ask students to think. It’s good to make students think, learn from each other. I will teach students with more freedom.”