“One of MIT Sloan’s strengths is that it combines research with teaching practices. It truly merges theory and practice — a feat that is possible due to its top-notch research faculty and the faculty’s interest in putting their ideas to work.”
The Lisbon MBA
The Lisbon MBA program unites two of Portugal’s top business schools—Católica-Lisbon School of Business and Economics, and Nova School of Business and Economics—with MIT Sloan for a one-year, one-of-a-kind MBA program. The Lisbon MBA students benefit from the collective wisdom of all three schools and an integrated curriculum that emphasizes both management fundamentals and interpersonal skills. Students develop their ability to think creatively about complex situations, respond swiftly and strategically to business challenges, successfully lead teams, and drive positive change in the global economy.
Upon completion of the program, students receive a joint MBA degree from Católica-Lisbon and Nova, and a certificate from MIT Sloan. They also receive lifelong membership as affiliate alumni in MIT Sloan’s worldwide alumni network.
Key areas of collaboration among the three partner schools include:
- Friday Forum Series on the Lisbon campus – MIT Sloan faculty participate regularly in Friday Forums, weekly workshops led by management thought leaders that are held on the Lisbon campus. These workshops provide The Lisbon MBA students with intense, hands-on training in areas such as leadership, creativity, and resilience.
- Summer Immersion Program at MIT Sloan – The Lisbon MBA students visit MIT Sloan in June for an immersive, four-week learning experience focused on global markets and strategy, managing technological innovation and entrepreneurship, organizational behavior, global compliance and ethical issues, and leadership.
- International Faculty Fellows – The Lisbon MBA faculty members (often accompanied by their families) visit MIT Sloan for a semester of teaching and research development under the guidance of an MIT Sloan faculty host.
- MSMS program – During the first semester, The Lisbon MBA students have the opportunity to apply to MIT Sloan’s MSMS program. Through this two-year, dual-degree program, students can earn an MBA from Católica-Lisbon and Nova, and a master’s degree in management studies from MIT Sloan.
- Administrative development – MIT Sloan senior administrators responsible for admissions and marketing activities, student services, and career development functions share their practices and experience with their counterparts in The Lisbon MBA program.
For more information and to apply, visit the Lisbon MBA website >
The MIT Sloan Action Learning program provides students with an opportunity to participate in project-based learning (or "labs") that connect their Sloan classroom work and their previous work experience with a real world management challenge that is important to companies.