“To overcome the economic challenges we face, we need a new generation of financial industry leaders, policymakers, and regulators who have a deep understanding of how technology drives the financial system. At MIT Sloan, I'm surrounded by an exceptionally smart group of colleagues committed to training this new generation, and by talented, passionate students eager to make a difference.”
The partner program between Sabanci School of Management in Turkey and MIT Sloan offers faculty, students, and administrators from both schools the opportunity to learn from each other and their respective regions of the world. The program features several collaborative activities, including:
- MIT Sloan faculty visits to Sabanci – Each semester, MIT Sloan faculty members visit Sabanci School of Management (SOM) for a week to lead guest lectures for students, faculty, and the general public. During the visit, MIT Sloan professors also hold office hours to meet with students and faculty.
- Student visit to MIT Sloan – Up to 45 executive MBA students from Sabanci SOM visit MIT Sloan each spring for a two-week, learning-intensive program focused on leadership, organizational change, and innovation. At the end of the visit, students receive a certificate from MIT Sloan and affiliate alumni status in MIT Sloan’s extensive alumni network.
- International Faculty Fellows – Faculty members from Sabanci SOM (often accompanied by their families) visit MIT Sloan for a semester focused on teaching and research development under the guidance of an MIT Sloan faculty host.
- MSMS program – During the first semester, Sabanci students have the opportunity to apply to MIT Sloan’s MSMS program. Through this two-year, dual-degree program, students can earn an MBA from Sabanci SOM and a master’s degree in management studies from MIT Sloan.
- Sabanci administrative development – MIT Sloan senior administrators responsible for admissions and marketing activities, student services, and career development functions share their practices and experience with their Sabanci SOM counterparts.
For more information and to apply, visit the Sabanci SOM website >
"I have followed some courses here to see how the faculty teach. I am looking for fresh stuff. We are a young school. We are still shaping our future. It’s useful to know how MIT Sloan does things and why. MIT is unique.”