The goal of MIT Sloan's PhD Program is to select a small number of people who are most likely to successfully complete our rigorous and demanding program — and ultimately achieve a PhD. The admission selection process is highly competitive; only 15-20 students are admitted from a pool of several hundred applicants.
What We Seek
- outstanding intellectual ability
- excellent academic records
- previous work in disciplines related to the intended area of concentration
- strong commitment to a career in research
- letters of recommendation, especially those providing evidence of research potential
- the applicant’s statement of purpose