Faculty Research Spotlights
- Production Goes Global, Standards Stay Local: Private Labor Regulation in the Global Electronics Industry
MIT Political Science Department Research Paper No. 2012-1 (Working Paper Series)
Locke, Richard M., Greg Distelhorst, Timea Pal, Hiram M. Samel
- Complements or Substitutes? Private Codes, State Regulation and the Improvement of Labor Standards in Global Supply Chains
MIT Political Science Department Research Paper No. 2012-2 (Working Paper Series)
Locke, Richard M., Ben A. Rising, Timea Pal
- Looking in the Wrong Places?: Labor Standards and Upstream Business Practices in the Global Electronics. (Working Paper Series 2012).
Locke, Richard M., Hiram M. Samel.
- Sustaining Sustainability: Creating a Systems Science in a Fragmented Academy and Polarized World.
Sterman, J. (2012).
In M. Weinstein and R.E. Turner (eds), Sustainability Science: The Emerging Paradigm and the Urban Environment. Springer. 21-58.
- Interactive Web-based Simulations for Strategy and Sustainability: The MIT Sloan LearningEdge Management Flight Simulators .
Sterman, John (2012).
- Management Flight Simulators to Support Climate Negotiations.
Sterman, John, Thomas Fiddaman, Travis Franck, Andrew Jones, Stephanie McCauley, Philip Rice, Elizabeth Sawin, Lori Siegel (Forthcoming). Environmental Modelling and Software.
- World Climate: A Role-Play Simulation of Global Climate Negotiations. (Working Paper)
Sterman, J., Thomas Fiddaman, Travis Franck, Andrew Jones, Stephanie McCauley, Philip Rice, J. N. Rooney-Varga, Elizabeth Sawin, Lori Siegel (Under Review).
- Communicating Climate Change Risks in a Skeptical World.
Sterman, J.D. (2011) Climatic Change.
- Changes in State Capacity to Respond to Labor Standard Violations: Enforcement in the Garment Workshops of Buenos Aires.
Matthew Amengual. Under Review for: Towards the Fair Recovery: labour market regulation after the crisis. Edited by: Patrick Belser, Colin Fenwick, John Howe, Sangheon Lee, Malte Luebker and Deirdre McCann. Presented at the International Labor Organization: Regulating Decent Work 2011.
- Complementary Labor Regulation: The Uncoordinated Combination of State and Private Regulators in the Dominican Republic.
Matthew Amengual. World Development Vol. 38 No. 3, pp. 405- 414, 2010.
- Virtue out of Necessity? Compliance, Commitment, and the Improvement of Labor Conditions in Global Supply Chains.
Richard Locke, Matthew Amengual, and Akshay Mangla
- Beyond Corporate Codes of Conduct: Work Organization and Labor Standards at Nike’s Suppliers with Richard Locke, Thomas Kochan, Fei Qin and Monica Romis. International Labour Review, Vol.146, No. 1-2, 2007, 21-40.
- Collective Bargaining in the Twenty-First Century: A Negotiation Institution at Risk, with Joel Cutcher Gershenfeld, Betty Barrett and John-Paul Ferguson Negotiation Journal. July, 2007, 249-65.
For more information about MIT Sloan’s Sustainability Initiative, contact
Jason Jay, Director of the Initiative for Sustainable Business & Society
Tel: (617) 253-0594 , E-mail: email@example.com