HOME | UNDERGRAD | COMMUNITY | STUDENT PROFILES
  • Harris Stolzenberg

Course 15-3 major
    Class of 2017
    Weston, FL

Why did you choose to attend MIT?
    MIT was the best mix for me athletically, academically, and socially. I am lucky enough to get to play two sports in college while going to one of the best universities in the world. As an added bonus, MIT has a vibrant social scene … which helps alleviate some of the academic stress.

What’s been the most useful Course 15 class?
    In my intro to finance class [15.401 or Managerial Finance] I learned very practical things like put-call parity and discounting cash flows. This knowledge has helped me stand out in my internship interviews.

What are your activities outside of class?
    I am on the football and lacrosse teams and I am a member of the Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity. I firmly believe that you learn the most in life outside of the classroom. Playing sports and being part of a fraternity has taught me invaluable life skills and also provides an environment for me to relieve stress.
    The common saying around here is “Academics. Sleep. Social Life…Pick 2.” Throwing two collegiate sports into the mix definitely doesn't simplify that equation. However, playing sports helps me manage my time efficiently. I can confidently say that at MIT, it's possible to play sports, do well in school, have a social life, and maybe even get some sleep.

What is your career ambition?
    I want to put my finance skills to work right out of college. After a couple of years of doing that, I’d like to start my own company. Hopefully, after a long business career, I can choose between working in politics and coaching high school football or lacrosse.
    • Read more about Harris and his charity work here