Stand Up. Show Up.
At MIT Sloan, we want to be active allies, supporting all members of our community. Actions big and small matter. And there’s a lot of work to do. See below for ways to join classmates and colleagues in the fight against racism and bias. You can show support financially, with your voice, or with your time.
Support financially with charitable contributions via Atlas (MIT community only)
Financially support other organizations
Raise your voice
- Sign the petition to support Black lives at MIT
- Visit Black Lives Matter's petition page
- Visit Common Cause to learn about your federal and state representatives and how to contact them
- Add your name to the Business for Racial Equity Pledge and commit to drive meaningful progress
- Vote in every election: check your voter registration status
Educate yourself and engage
- Watch MIT's June 2, 2020 vigil and listen to the voices of our community members
- Visit tolerance.org to learn how to recognize and address white privilege
- Read President Obama’s essay on How to Make this Moment the Turning Point for Real Change
- Contact NAACP Boston or ACLU of MA to find out how you can help
- Visit surjboston.org for anti-racism education and information about upcoming racial justice events