Smart. Safe. Together.
We are proud and grateful to be working alongside a dedicated team of faculty, staff, and students committed to sustaining the dynamic and collaborative MIT Sloan experience for our entire community during this time of global pandemic. Through the spring and summer, we have worked together across the school, institute, and commonwealth to develop robust and rigorously considered plans to bring as many members of our community as can safely join us back to campus for Fall 2020. In this section, you will learn more about those plans and the commitment required from each of us to make this experiment a success.
When you arrive in Cambridge
A guide to accessing campus
All students who have registered for in-person classes have been added to COVID Pass. Follow the instructions you received via email and Download the Daily COVID-19 Attestation App (COVID Pass) or log into covidpass.mit.edu.
- Visit MIT Medical to get your first COVID-19 test.
- All students who arrive in the area are required to be tested at MIT Medical upon arrival. See the COVID Apps site for the latest information on testing times. If you arrive outside testing hours, you should complete testing as soon as possible the next day.
- Quarantine for 5 to 7 days.
- You are expected to self-quarantine for 14 days or until you receive a second negative test at MIT Medical. Your second COVID-19 test can take place a minimum of 5 to 7 days after your first test.
- After your quarantine period, return to MIT Medical for your second COVID-19 test.
- This testing protocol must be complete before attending the Required Return to Campus Tour or attending class in person.
- If you are an incoming student, pick up your MIT ID at the Atlas Center.
- If you are living on campus, complete MIT residential life training and review the Return to Campus Agreement.
- Register and attend a required Return to MIT Sloan Tour taking place on Fridays through the end of October.
- Sign the Community Compliance Agreement Form.
- Complete the online DEI Training (all incoming students).
- Complete the online Title IX Training (all incoming students).
You will find the results of our ongoing work in this section. Please check back frequently as we will continue to make updates as we have them.
And don’t forget: #MITSloanMasksUp