MIT Sloan Account Password Change
In accordance with the MIT IS&T password rules MIT Sloan account passwords must conform to the following rules:
- It must not be based on your Sloan or Kerberos username.
- It must be different from your current Sloan password.
- It must be 8 characters or longer (could be a phrase).
- It must contain characters from at least three different character classes (upper- and lower-case letters, letters and symbols, letters and numbers, etc.)
- It must be composed of characters in the Roman alphabet or symbols on the US keyboard.
Additional guidance on the MIT password rules and using strong passwords can be found
You are responsible for protecting your Sloan Account password. It should never be shared.
Create or Reset Password
If you are experiencing issues with this process, you can contact the STS Help Desk at 617-253-2000, or via email at