Information for Students
H-Lab’s components parallel the Think-Act-Reflect architecture of MIT Sloan’s Action Learning model.
- Healthcare Lab: Introduction to Healthcare Delivery in the U.S.
- Term: Fall and possibly January Independent Activities Period (IAP) depending on the project location
- Format: lectures and lab/project
- During the fall semester, October (SIP week), and/or IAP: onsite project work and deliverables
- February: poster session
- Four-month team project on student- and host-defined real-world problems
- Four students per team, on average
- Organizations and teams negotiate project scope, schedule, and deliverables
- Teams work remotely with companies during the fall semester
- Teams work on the host organization’s site during the semester, SIP week in October, and/or for up to three weeks in January during IAP
- Written case analysis, updates, workplan, research report, presentations, final project report, poster presentation, etc.
- Participate in team project poster presentation for Action Learning poster day in February