Information for Students
H-Lab’s components parallel the Think-Act-Reflect architecture of MIT Sloan’s Action Learning model.
- Healthcare Lab: Introduction to Healthcare Delivery in the U.S.
- Term: Fall and possibly January Independent Activities Period (IAP) + early February
- Format: lectures and lab/project
- First half and second half of term (H1 and H2): Classes covering current topics in U.S. healthcare
- October and/or IAP: onsite project work and deliverables
- February: class finale and poster session
- Four-month team project on student and organization-defined real-world problems
- Four students per team, on average
- Organizations and teams negotiate project scope, schedule, and deliverables
- Teams work remotely with companies from October through December
- Teams work full-time on site during SIP week in October and/or for up to 15 business days in January during IAP
- Written case analyses, updates, workplan, research report, presentations, final project report, poster presentation, etc., throughout H1, H2, IAP, and early February
- Participate in team project posters for Action Learning poster day in February