Information for Students
H-Lab’s components parallel the Think-Act-Reflect architecture of MIT Sloan’s Action Learning model.
- Healthcare Lab: Introduction to Healthcare Delivery in the U.S.
- Prerequisites: 15.060, 15.761; or permission of instructor
- Term: Fall and January Independent Activities Period (IAP)
- Format: lectures and lab/project
- Timeline: Classes, recitations and remote project work during the Fall semester; on-site project work and creation of deliverables during January IAP
- February: poster session
- Four-month team project on student- and host-defined real-world problems
- Four students per team
- Organizations and teams negotiate project scope, schedule, and deliverables
- Teams work remotely with companies during the fall semester
- Teams work at the host organization’s site, if feasible, for up to three weeks in January
- Written case analysis, updates, workplan, research report, presentations, final project
- Participation in team project poster presentation for Action Learning poster day in February