MIT Sloan Account
MIT Sloan Account Password Change
In accordance with the MIT IS&T password rules MIT Sloan account passwords must conform to the following rules:
- This password is required to be changed annually.
- It must not be based on your Sloan or Kerberos username.
- It must be different from your current Sloan password.
- It must be 8 characters or longer.
- It must contain characters from at least three different character classes (upper- and lower-case letters, letters and symbols, letters and numbers, etc.)
- It must be composed of characters in the Roman alphabet or symbols on the US keyboard.
Additional guidance on the MIT password rules and using strong passwords can be found at http://kb.mit.edu/confluence/display/istcontrib/Strong+Passwords.
You are responsible for protecting your Sloan Account password. It should never be shared.
Change your password using your MIT Certificate
MIT Sloan Faculty, Staff and Students who have MIT Certificates installed in their browser may change their password here. The change will take effect within 10 seconds.
Lost Password Reset
If you have forgotten your password, and/or do not have MIT Certificates installed in your browser, are an Alumni or External user you can use this tool to set a new password.
If you have attempted these methods and continue to be unable to set your password, you can contact the STS Help Desk at 617-253-2000, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.