Course 15 Advisors Corner
Course 15 Advisor Corner and Information Guide
- GIRS: General Institute requirements
- HASS: Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences
- REST: Restricted Electives in Science and Technology
- CI-M: Communication-Intensive for the Major
Deadlines & Important Dates (SP 2021)
For all important Institute dates please refer to the MIT Academic Calendar.
- 01/29 - Last day of January IAP.
- 29th - 5PM - Final deadline for continuing students to pre-register for spring. $85.00 late fee.
02/08 – Registration week begins
02/10 - Registration opens for third quarter Physical Education and Wellness classes, 8AM
02/15 - President's Day - holiday
02/16 - First day of classes
- Registration deadline. Registration for all students must be submitted by this date. $50 late fee.
- Degree application deadline for June SB and advanced degrees. $50 late fee ($85 late fee after April 16).
- Deadline for second-term juniors to submit the HASS Concentration Proposal Form. $50 late fee.Deadline for final-term seniors to submit the HASS Concentration Completion Form. $50 late fee.
- Last day to add half-term subjects offered in first half of term (H3).
- Last day for juniors, seniors, and graduate students to change H3 subjects to or from P/D/F grading.
- Last day to change H3 subjects from listener to credit.
- Last day for sophomores to change an H3 subject to or from Exploratory.
03/05 - Minor completion date. Deadline for submission of Minor Completion Form for final-term seniors. $50 late fee
03/08 - Student holiday - no classes
- Last day to add full-term subjects to registration
- Last day for juniors, senior students to change a full-term elective to or from P/D/F grading.
- Deadline for sophomores, juniors, and seniors to change a fall term D/NE to D.
- Last day to change a full-term subject from listener to credit.
- Last day to drop half-term subjects offered in first half of term (H3).
- Last day to change an H3 subject from credit to listener.
- Last day to change H3 subjects to or from PE/NE grading.
- Last day for sophomores to change a full-term subject to or from Exploratory.
- Late fee ($100) and petition required for students completing registration after this date.
- Last day for February 2022 degree candidates to apply for a double major.
- Deadline for completing cross-registration. $50 late fee for petitions received after this date.
03/22 - Student holiday - no classes
03/23 - Student holiday - no classes
04/15 - Campus Preview Weekend begins.
04/18 - Campus Preview Weekend ends.
04/20 - Student holiday - No classes
- Drop Date. Last day to cancel full-term subjects from registration.
- Last day to change a full-term subject from credit to listener.
- Last day to add a time-arranged subject that started after beginning of the term.
- Last day to change a full-term subject to or from PE/NE grading.
05/03 - Pre-registration for fall term and summer session begins.
05/07 - Student holiday - No classes
- Subjects with final exam — no test may be given and no assignment shall fall due after this date.
- Subjects with no final exam — Undergraduate subjects: no test may be given and there may be at most one assignment due between this date and the end of the last scheduled class period in the subject.
05/20 - Last day of classes.
Final exam period.
Grade deadline. Grades due for subjects without final exams.
Last day to go off the June degree list.
05/24 - 05/27 - Final exam period
Supplemental Materials For Each Major
Resources for Commonly Asked Questions
- Double Major Roadmaps
- Cross Registration With Other Institutions
- Sophomore Exploration Option
- Junior P/D/F Options
- Changing a grade
- Transfer Credit. Transfer Credit Form
- Course Exceptions? Contact Natalie Petit at email@example.com
Community Resources and Support
- Course 15 Community Events
- Career Advising & Professional Development
- Student Support Services (S3)
- Student Mental Health & Counseling