Credit: Marysia Machulska
Ideas Made to Matter
Download: MIT Sloan research, insights on advanced data and analytics practices
Data has the power to help drive efficiencies, increase profitability, and bolster innovation. Without the right talent analyzing and translating that data, and leaders who trust and understand data well enough to make good decisions, companies will be left behind.
In this five-article download, MIT Sloan faculty and thought leaders share their insights on identifying and interpreting data sources, making data-based decisions, and applying the tools of modern data science, optimization, and machine learning to solve real-world business problems.
Here’s what’s inside:
- Data literacy for leaders. Leaders need to understand data enough to make their best decisions, drive literacy throughout the organization, and create a culture of trust in data.
- Try this data framework for analytics advantage. Finding the right data, cleaning it, and shaping it so that it meets your needs is a skill. Here are seven pro tips to get the job done right.
- In-demand data and analytics skills to hire for now. Companies are looking for more than programming language fluency when it comes to hiring for data and analytics roles. Four hiring managers share their must-have lists.
- What is synthetic data, and how can it help you? Synthetic data — which resembles real data sets but doesn’t compromise privacy — allows companies to share data and create algorithms more easily.
- How to build an effective analytics practice. MIT Sloan business analytics faculty share mistakes to avoid, strategies to adopt, and the technological developments that excite them most.
Further reading: Ideas and insights about data from MIT Sloan
Further reading: Ideas and insights about analytics from MIT Sloan experts