The MIT Sloan Visiting Fellows Program is a customized course of study that provides students, professionals, and MIT alumni the freedom to explore all that MIT Sloan has to offer, as well as courses across the Institute, while cultivating the skills and tools required to generate impact where it matters most. The Visiting Fellows Program provides access to an unparalleled education model that offers Fellows the flexibility to glean what they need to know now from the world's leading research institution in an expedited timeframe. We invite you to plug in to the MIT and Kendall Square ecosystem, level up your professional knowledge and leadership skills, and energize your network by connecting with industry leaders, innovators, and world-renowned faculty. Upon completion of the program, Visiting Fellows receive a certificate from MIT Sloan and affiliate alumni status.
Applications are due by April 1, 2023, 5 pm ET, for the Fall '23 semester.
Unlike a traditional degree program, there are no course requirements. Visiting Fellows come to MIT with the freedom to pursue their academic and professional goals, such as developing new skills in global entrepreneurship, broadening understanding of strategic innovation, or exploring international finance and capital markets. As a Visiting Fellow, the choice is yours. Visiting Fellows also participate in student clubs, conferences, and special seminars, and enjoy a wealth of cultural, social, and recreational activities, both on campus and in Cambridge and Boston. For more information on MIT's COVID-19 policies, please visit the MIT Now website.
Unlike a traditional degree program, there are no course requirements. Visiting Fellows enjoy the flexibility and freedom to pursue your academic and professional goals. Whether you're an executive seeking leading-edge ideas to advance to the next stage of your career, a student earning a degree elsewhere ready to supercharge your education, or an MIT alumna/alumnus eager to re-engage with the MIT ecosystem and reignite your mind and network, Visiting Fellows allows exploration of all that MIT Sloan has to offer with a relentless focus on generating impact where it matters most.
- Create your own curriculum with a faculty advisor and design a specific course of study for the semester, aligned with your academic and professional goals.
- Take elective courses at MIT Sloan, throughout MIT, and virtual courses at Harvard University.
- Participate in the breadth of management courses offered at MIT Sloan or focus in-depth on a specific topic. All courses are offered in-person.
- Visiting Fellows take between 27 and 54 credit units, or about four to six courses, throughout the semester.
- MIT Sloan offers certificate programs in Business Analytics, Healthcare, and Sustainability. To earn a second graduate credential, please consult your academic advisor for certificate requirements. You may be required to enroll in two semesters to meet the certificate requirement.
The MIT Sloan Visiting Fellows Program is available in the following terms:
Spring: Begins early February through mid-May.
Fall: Begins early September through mid-December.
Tuition for the Sloan Visiting Fellows Program is $42,100 per semester. A special rate is available for MIT alumni and current students from a GBSN member school or MIT Sloan partner school.