MIT Executive MBA
Sponsoring A Student
Who is right for the program?
Profile of a sponsoring organization
The EMBA program is for organizations who seek a competitive advantage based on exceptional strategic and operational management. By equipping your rising leaders with advanced management practices and a broad perspective, your organization will emerge with the executive leadership needed to develop winning business strategies for today’s global economy.
Profile of a sponsored candidate
The MIT EMBA program is designed for high-potential leaders who are taking on increasing responsibility. The program is suited for senior management and rising leaders who are:
- A key part of their organization’s leadership development plan
- Assuming increased responsibility and positioned to lead organizational change
- Seeking an advanced management education to complement functional expertise
- Confronting growth challenges that require new approaches
- Leading critical functions in the organization and are too valuable to lose to a full-time professional development program—or to another organization
Successful applicants hold leadership positions that are at the executive committee, business unit, or functional level, and are identified as a key part of the organization’s leadership development/succession plan. We work with organizational sponsors to help them understand the profile of successful applicants.
How the sponsorship process works
We collaborate with leading organizations to develop high potential leaders into extraordinary executives. To find out more information, or to begin the sponsorship process, please contact Beth Chartier at email@example.com.
We work together to prepare your best leaders for the opportunities and challenges ahead. The sponsorship process includes:
- An initial conversation to introduce you to the MIT EMBA and to understand your leadership development priorities
- Discussion of possible candidate(s)
- Nomination of candidate(s)
- Candidate pre-application interview
- Candidate completion of the admissions application
- Candidate on-campus interviews
- Admission committee decision
Throughout the sponsorship process we seek to align your leadership development priorities with MIT’s distinct educational resources and management insights.