A Year By the Books
We are pleased to share MIT Sloan’s consolidated balance sheet for fiscal years 2021 and 2022.
Thanks to the support of alumni, donors, and friends, MIT Sloan was able to pursue meaningful investments to advance our mission and ensure our greatest legacy remains: more leaders like you.
- MIT Sloan welcomed its most diverse MBA class to date and distributed a record $10.5 million in fellowship aid to 46% of the incoming class. Endowed fellowships are key to attracting students with demonstrated success who exemplify characteristics of the school’s culture of leadership, innovation, and presence.
- For the second year in a row, the school supported 31 summer internships through the Immediate Needs and Emerging Opportunities Fund, which was established in April 2020 to provide flexible, immediate funding to address challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- MIT Sloan resumed in-person activities, including the MIT Campaign for a Better World celebration, Reunion 2022, the MIT Sloan Women’s Conference, and regional events. The school will continue to engage with its global community in person and online.
The state of MIT Sloan remains strong, not least because of the ongoing support of alumni and friends like you. Your respect for what MIT Sloan has achieved—and mindfulness for what it is standing on the edge of being—empowers our continued efforts to develop the next generation of principled, innovative leaders with access to excellent faculty, pioneering research, and unique opportunities.
MIT Sloan Annual Fund: Making Progress on Problems
Throughout the past year, the MIT Sloan Annual Fund has empowered students, faculty, and staff to address the most pressing issues facing the school and the world—and it is all thanks to the generosity of alumni and friends like you.
This essential, flexible funding serves as the back bone of MIT Sloan. From rapidly addressing the impacts of sudden global disruptions to supporting student programming and faculty research, the MIT Sloan Annual Fund allows the community to flourish in the face of immediate needs and emerging opportunities.
It sustains the MBA, Executive MBA, and other program offices so that they can anticipate the needs of their students and meet them where they are. As a result, they are better able to make their students’ educational experiences more valuable and enduring.
The MIT Sloan Annual Fund also breathes life into campus through the Career Development Office, Action Learning labs, and numerous student life initiatives that provide opportunities for experiential learning and professional advancement beyond the classroom. This support helps students expand their horizons and apply what they have learned across the globe.
raised for the MIT Sloan Annual Fund by 3,125 donors in fiscal year 2022.
Alumni and friends like you balance bold leadership with thoughtful care, and it shows in how deeply you take MIT’s motto, ‘mens et manus’ (‘mind and hand’), to heart. Your support for the MIT Sloan Annual Fund enables this enterprising community to identify innovative solutions to the world’s biggest problems. We are bolstered by your generosity, and for that we are truly grateful.
Support MIT Sloan
You can make a difference through the MIT Sloan Annual Fund. With your gift, you will provide flexible resources that will be put to work immediately to:
- retain and recruit outstanding faculty;
- strengthen the programs that made your experience great;
- launch new initiatives in response to our ever-changing world; and
- take advantage of unexpected opportunities or address challenges during the year.
MIT Sloan Annual Fund Impact Areas
Gifts to the Innovations in Analytics Fund prepare students to be leaders in analytics through experiential learning likeAnalytics Lab and new areas of focus like the MBAn program.
Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Gifts to this fund advance opportunities and activities related to entrepreneurship and innovation that reach thousands of students every year.
Fellowships for Inclusion
Gifts to the Fellowships for Inclusion Fund enable the school to offer competitive fellowships to students from diverse backgrounds, increasing representation and inclusivity at MIT Sloan.
The Innovations in Health Fund advances a diverse slate of health care-related activities, including Action Learning labs and the Health Systems Initiative.
Immediate Needs and Emerging Opportunities
The Immediate Needs and Emerging Opportunities Fund promotes ongoing innovation to ensure that the MIT Sloan experience continues to adapt in response to the pandemic and other world events.
Student Life and an Inclusive Community
The Student Life and an Inclusive Community Fund supports educational opportunities that motivate students to continue learning outside the classroom.
Gifts to support sustainability advance research, courses, programming, and initiatives focused on developing principled leaders educated in and dedicated to sustainable business practices.