MIT Sloan Latin America Office
In 2013, MIT Sloan established its first physical presence outside the United States in Chile. From its location in the heart of Santiago’s thriving business district, the MSLAO is ideally positioned to promote MIT Sloan programs to potential students and facilitate enhanced research and corporate outreach in the area. It supports activities focused on energy and sustainability, innovation and entrepreneurship, and productivity and growth. It also serves as a regional hub for MIT faculty, alumni, and visiting students.For more information, please contact MSLAO senior director Lee Ullmann.
Leading and Learning
The myriad of MSLAO initiatives to date has had a significant impact on the School's goals of knowledge creation, regional awareness, and action learning:
- Facilitate Knowledge Creation: By supporting more research, teaching, and knowledge-sharing opportunities between MIT Sloan faculty and academic institutions in Latin America, the MSLAO is helping to expand the School's reputation as a leader in international management.
- Increase Regional Awareness: Through its physical presence in Latin America, the MSLAO is creating valuable connections with area alumni and establishing avenues for potential partnerships between MIT Sloan and local businesses.
- Assist Admissions: The MSLAO is augmenting the School's admissions goals by connecting the School to qualified Latin American candidates and making these candidates aware of MIT Sloan's diverse portfolio of degree programs.
- Enhance Action Learning: By leveraging connections with corporations and alumni in the Latin America region, the MSLAO is expanding the depth and breadth of MIT Sloan's signature action learning programs.
- Strengthen the Alumni Network: The MSLAO is increasing the connection between MIT Sloan alumni and the School through its involvement with local alumni clubs, co-sponsoring club events, and leveraging local faculty visits to engage and motivate local alumni.
MIT in Latin America
The MSLAO is proud to share its "MIT in Latin America 2019 Summary Report," a comprehensive overview of the office and the impact of its activities, events, and projects over the past year.
The MSLAO Advisory Council
The MSLAO's 2019-2021 Advisory Council Directory, as well as its bylaws, are available here.
Read "Advisory Council"
The MSLAO would like to keep its network connected and continue to find ways to share knowledge. Please visit our YouTube channel to view recordings from our webinar series.
The program is MIT Sloan’s first partnership with a university in Latin America, notably a public university.Learn More